Setting up a blog sounds like a wonderful idea, but what happens is that writing and posting content can become a chore. Below you will find some useful tips on how to consistently post good content to your blog and how to format it nicely.
When looking for useful tips and content for your blog make use of sites such as Google News and RSS Readers. You can easily spend a little time researching your niche and finding relevant blogs that you can subscribe too. Then simply create a folder in your RSS reader, Feedly is a good one, and you will have up to date information every day.
When you need to write a new blog post you can simply search these blogs to find topics that you can discuss on your site. Do this on a regular basis and you will find that your blog is always full of up to date content, this will help attract more readers as well.
Instead of trying to write a few posts each week you may prefer to spend time once a week creating all of your content. You can then schedule your blog posts to go out on your WordPress blog.
Here’s how to do this:
- Copy and paste or write your blog post directly into your site. Once it is formatted the way you like and you are ready to publish, go to the top right hand section of the page.
- You will see the words Publish Immediately, next to it there will be a blue Edit option. Click on this and you will see that you are able to select the month, date, year and time that you want to publish your post. Just remember that WordPress uses a 24 hour clock, so 6 pm would be 18.00. Set this accordingly and then hit Schedule.
- Your post will publish at your chosen time. You can easily set up weeks or month’s worth of content using this easy method.
When it comes to formatting your blog posts WordPress actually provides you with a really good editing tool. One feature that is often overlooked is the Spell-check feature. The icon for this is at the top of the editor and is indicated by ABC and has a button that you can checkmark to turn on this feature. It also works in other languages besides English.
Many people like to write their blog posts in Microsoft Word, which is fine, but can cause issues when you copy your content into the editor. Sometimes some little formatting issues still tend to creep into your work. There is however a simple fix for this.
Here’s how to remove all formatting from outside sources in WordPress.
- Click on the Show/Hide Kitchen Sink feature and make sure it shows a second row of buttons.
- Highlight the area of your text that is formatted wrong.
- Click on the Remove Formatting Button. This button looks like a white eraser, when you hover over it, it will turn pink. This should remove the wrong formatting.
Another issue that often creeps up inside the WordPress editor is that of line spacing. Sometimes you want to have a single line break as opposed to a larger paragraph break. This allows the space between the two lines to be closer. To do this all you have to do is hold down the Shift Key and hit Return.
These simple quick tips can really help improve your productivity when it comes to creating your blog posts. Try writing several posts at one time and scheduling them out. Don’t forget to use the Remove Formatting button to get your content looking just the way you want it too.